October 19, 2004

FP - E-mailing forms

DEAR TINA: I recently upgraded from FP 2002 to 2003. I'm trying to build a page that has a form on it. When a customer enters info on the form I want the form to be e-mailed to a certain e-mail address. So, I've created the form with all the required fields. Then I right click on the form and select "Form Properties". When the pop up box is displayed, the "Send To" options and "Send to Database" options are grayed out and I am unable to send the form results to either a file or an e-mail address. The "Send to other" option is fine.

I've created several forms in FP 2002 this way and I don't remember having this type of problem. I'm sure I must be missing a step some where but for the life of me I can't figure out what it it. Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening and what I need to do to fix it?

Susan
Larry Kacher

********************************************************

Compatibility

DEAR SUSAN: When something is greyed out in FrontPage, it is usually because of Compatibility issues.

FrontPage 2002

Tools Page Options Compatibility Tab set all boxes to custom and tick everything click ok and say yes when it asks to refresh your web

FrontPage 2003

Tools Page Options Authoring Tab

set all boxes to custom and tick everything. Set Schema version to Internet Explorer 5.0 click ok and say yes when it asks to refresh your web

In particular make sure Author-time web components is ticked.

No comments: